Summer Youth Camp 2013 - Our Future

Wednesday 29 August 2007

A Belated Thank You

I realised I had not written a note on the blog about the conclusion of my time in Labrador other than the postings about the Summer Camp we ran in July, and to pass on my sincere thanks for the truly wonderful time I enjoyed in Labrador.

The end of camp also sadly signalled the end of my time in Labrador (for now), and I departed home for England via Vancouver. I have had an enjoyable month back home catching up with friends and family and it has been a real privilege to be able to speak about the wonderful experiences and people I met in Nain, Hopedale, Makkovik and Happy Valley Goose Bay.

My 11 months in Labrador was a truly life changing experience and I genuinely loved every moment, from getting used to the cold weather, to trying new foods, to being involved in Church and community life.

I wish I could write every single persons name from every community as way of thanks but that would take far too long, but my thanks and prayers are with you all.

I can be personally contacted on
russjw@hotmail.com. One day I do hope to return to Labrador and spend more time with you all, God willing, I will just have to be patient and see what the future holds.

The Moravian Church in Britain & Ireland are now sending me to South Africa to help work with a Church in District 6 of Cape Town, a different type of challenge, and this winter won’t feel the same without the snow, skidoo, and seal skin gloves!

I miss you all,
Yours in Christ,
Br Russell Winfield

2 comments:

Joan Andersen said...

Russell, you are certainly missed in Labrador. You have endeared yourself to many in our congregations. We wish you could come back, and look forward to your return. You paid your own way, and that is proof of your sincerity. What an example you have set! To serve your fellow man and ask for no reward is such an inspiration. The world needs more people like you. Thank you for sharing your talents with us. And thank you for continuing to keep the blog going. Even though you are far away, the internet helps us to keep in close contact.

God bless you in all your future endeavors!

Joan Andersen, Makkovik

Anonymous said...

Rusell, you have graced our lives as well through your love for and determination with the people of Labrador. May God guide you in the days ahead and direct you in His ways.

Carl & Laura Sonnichsen